WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer or device, by websites or visited applications. They are widely used to allow the functioning of websites and applications, or to improve their functioning, or to gather information on user behavior on the website and the use of services.
TYPES OF COOKIES
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- „Technical” cookies (performance): these are cookies strictly necessary for the correct operation of a site, used to supply services in a better way and improve your surfing experience. These cookies, even without identifying the user, allow, for example, to detect if the same user returns to connect at different times. Thanks to cookies, the site remembers minimum quantities of information related to your actions and preferences (for instance, login, language and other display settings) so that they don’t have to be re-entered when you visit the site again or you surf from one page to another.
- Analytic Cookies: they are used to collect and analyze anonymously traffic and use the site.
- Profiling cookies: these are persistent cookies used to identify user preferences and send advertising messages based on those. This website does not use this type of cookie.
Visiting a website you may receive cookies both from the visited site („owner”), and from websites maintained by other organizations („third parties”). An example is the presence of „social plugins” for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc. Those parts of the visited page are directly generated by the above mentioned sites and are integrated into the host site page.
The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites operated by third parties. The management of the information collected by „third parties” shall be governed by the relevant information to which you are kindly invited to refer.
- Facebook information: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Facebook (configuration): access your account. Privacy Section.
- Twitter information: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (configuration): https://twitter.com/settings/security
- Google+ and Youtube information: http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Google+ and Youtube (configuration): http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/managing/
This site may also include certain components transmitted by Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google, Inc. Also in this case those are third-party cookies collected and managed anonymously to monitor and improve the performance of the host site (performance cookie).
For more information, please refer to the link below:
To disable the action of Google Analytics, please refer to the link below:
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until you close the browser or until the execution of the logout command. Other cookies „survive” the closure of the browser and are also available in future visits. These cookies are known as persistent and their duration is set by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases there is fixed a deadline, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
Browsing the pages of this website, you can interact with sites operated by third parties that can create or modify persistent cookies and profiling.
LIST OF USED COOKIES
Cookie: Google Analytics
Name: _utma; _utmb; _utmc; _utmz
Type: Third-party persistent
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the site. This information is used to compile reports and help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous fashion, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy of Google
Type: Third-party facebook.com
Type: Third-party twitter.com
HOW CAN I CHANGE MY COOKIES SETTINGS?
The user can decide whether to accept cookies using the settings on your browser. The setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. Furthermore the best browsers allow you to define different settings for cookies „owners” and those of „third parties”.
Please refer to the following links for more information:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/en/cookies.html
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
More information about cookies: